What causes neck pain? (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain also called cervical pain, is a very common source of pain for the average American. It’s estimated neck pain affects 45% of workers in Allen Texas this year. Research shows (American Chronic Pain Association) chiropractic adjustments are a safe and reliable treatment for chronic neck pain. Only by a licensed chiropractor, neck pain specialist.
Neck Pain can be felt in the neck and sometimes into the shoulders. Some people feel the pain going upwards into the skull which can cause headaches & migraines. 9/10 Americans suffer from headaches. For some it’s infrequent, debilitating for others. Most just pop a pain killer and hope it goes away. There’s a better solution.
Research has shown that a chiropractic adjustment can be a very effective treatment for tension headaches and neck based headaches. The 2014 report in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that adjustments improves headache and migraines.
Common causes of neck pain
- Poor posture
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Desk and computer use
- Cell phone or tablet use
- Sleeping position
- Sprains or strains from turning head quickly
- Strenuous exercise
- Sneezing and Coughing
- Roller Coasters
There are a number of everyday activities that can cause neck pain. If gone untreated neck pain can cause disruptions in your activities of daily living. Request your appointment to see your neck pain specialist.
How To Prevent Neck Pain?
- If you spend more than 3 hours a day in the same position. It’s a great idea to get up every 30 minutes to move around and streach. Move your neck and head to activate muscles and activate blood flow into the area.
- Do low impact exercise like walking or low-impact yoga and aerobics.
- Avoid clenching your teeth, except when swallowing. The goal is to avoid stress at the temporomandibular joints (TMJ). The joints connecting your skull and jaw – which could lead to tension headaches. If you clench and grind while sleeping use a bite guard or bite plate.
- Drink at least 8-ounces of water each day to avoid dehydration and the headaches associated.
Why Allen Health?
We recognize that each body is unique and that different bodies will respond to unique treatments. As a team, we work together to discover the root cause of your problem and then develop a plan that will restore health and vitality. Techniques we use include:
Every person’s idea of optimal health is different and our goal is to help lead you onto your path of total health and wellness.